Gandinga is one of nicest mounds in Western Samogitia to the road from Plungė to Kuliai, on the right side of Babrungas river. Gandinga in ancient times was an important cultural, administrative and defensive area.
In ancient times, this region was inhabited curonians. Gandinga was first mentioned in 1253 in the Curonian lands division documents.
In 2007, the archeological findings show that this area - only one in Lithuania, which has as many as five mounds in a small area. After the Swedish influx Gandinga completed its prosperity - a settlement deteriorated, and the administrative center moved to Plungė.