In the old rectory, in 1900-1910, there lived a pastor Vincentas Jarulaitis, who formed the project for the construction of a new brick church, and initiated the beginning to build the foundations.
The wall of old reactory building has a memorial plate attached to it with M. K. Čiurlionis and S. Čiurlionienė-Kymantaitė bas-reliefes (aut. V. Juzikėnas) and the inscription “Here in 1909, M. K. Čiurlionis and Sof. Čiurlionienė-Kymantaitė lived”. Since the pastor Vincentas Jarulaitis was the uncle of Sofia Kymantaitė, after Sofia and Mykolas Konstantinas Čiurlioniai got married, the pastor let them stay at his living room for a couple of months. It was the most creative period in their lives.
1889-1892 M. K. Čiurlionis studied and played flute in the Orchestra of Duke M. M. Oginskis.