This village, located in Blendžiavos river valley. Šateikiai in written sources mention in 1594. The seventeenth century here was a beautiful manor house, park. Šateikiai ensemble then already was famous for its magnificent gardens in 5 ha park, which grew a lot of very rare plants. There was a conservatory, well-maintained ponds, the park was decorated with sculptures. Up to this day remained a few of estate buildings, part of the park. They are  the architectural monuments.

The Šateikiai church was started to built in 1716 and completed in 1862. In this church in 1909 first day of January married M.K. Čiurlionis and writer Sofia Kymantaitė. 

There are no reviews. Be the first one to give a review!